Do Business with Public Works
- This event has passed.
How to Form a Corporation or LLC
March 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Business entities come in many shapes and sizes, and choosing the right one can avoid serious tax and liability consequences. Learn which business entity is right for you, how to prepare and file incorporation documents, and why supposed “formalities” like corporate by-laws can be so important to your business success.
- Creating legal structures that will protect business start-ups and accommodate the business as it grows
- Common myths and mistakes people make in setting up a business
- The difference between an LLC, C-Corporation and S-Corporation and how to determine which one is right for your business
- Why shouldn’t you just operate as a partnership or a sole proprietorship?
- What are the issues that co-owners should address and resolve in a “Shareholders Agreement” before starting a business together?
Participants are encouraged to join by video as class may involve sharing of visual information and writings, participation via the chat function, and the opportunity to interact with others. Virtual networking reception to follow class.
This event is FREE, but pre-registration is required. You can register by clicking HERE.