Do Business with Public Works
- This event has passed.
Legal Dos & Don’ts for Employers
May 4, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
For a small business hiring its first few employees, the thicket of rules and regulations on things like sick time, wages, benefits, and termination can easily become overwhelming. In this class, an employment lawyer and small business owner will cut through the maze to help you focus on what you need to know.
- Best practices to avoid liability and maximize employee success
- Common employment law issues facing smaller businesses
- New sick time and related laws in California
- Family and medical leave laws – do they apply to me?
- Major dos and don’ts to keep in mind, and resources for help
Participants are encouraged to join by video as class may involve sharing of visual information and writings, participation via the chat function, and the opportunity to interact with others. Virtual networking reception to follow class.
This event is FREE, but pre-registration is required. You can register by clicking HERE.